Sunday, April 8, 2007

Sunglasses in Heaven

I just had one of the most random thoughts when I walked outside this morning to go to Starbucks and get some soap before I head to work. The sun was blazing down in a... shall I say reckless raging fury? Anyhow, I was thinking about the Resurrection this morning and the bright lights that accompany the Lord of Light rising from the midst of darkness with the keys to death and hell in his hands! O Baby!!! I was imagining seeing this "Light from Light" face to face in the city where there will be no need for the sun or the moon for the light of the glory of God will be the lamp. I think our resurrected bodies must come with some sort of an ultra-u-v ray protection so that our eyes can look upon this King! Put this thought together with the fact that I was listening to U2 this morning as well, "I believe in the kingdom come when all the colors will bleed into one...yes I'm still running. You broke the bonds and you loosed the chains, carried the cross of my shame...you know I believe it!!"... "when I go there, I go there with you...its all I can do" These random thoughts would not only tell someone that I'm a bit crazy, but also the fact that our God is a great God. Our reward is a great Reward. The kingdom is a great kingdom because the King is a Great King!!!
Happy Resurrection Sunday boys!

1 comment:

Jay and Janelle said...

I know for sure that there won't be "Tears in Heaven"... at least that's the intersection of Clapton and revealed Scripture...

Good thoughts, by the way... helpful to think over