Thursday, September 6, 2007

Movin' on Up

Alright, it may not be a de-lux apartment in the sky, but my "career" as a server just took a dramatic up-turn.

After two months of working at a small bbq place here in Corona and nearly losing my mind on a daily basis, I've struck it rich! I just returned from my second interview at the Macaroni Grill, and I was hired on as a server!

It's a sweet deal, considering I have about 2 months of waiting experience at a place that holds no reputation in the town. Plus, I'll be working with my friend Hannah, who talked the talk to get me a look from the managers in the first place. To sweeten the pot, "Chuck", who used to work at the Cal Bap. caf, is a chef there! How 'bout that?!

On a more serious note, God has sovereign control over all situations, including this one, so I'm thanking him for what he has given me, and praying that I'd work for his glory all the time I'm working there; that I'd honor my boss in all situations, and be a Christ-like example to my fellow workers.

As the song says, I've "finally got a piece of the pie!" (That may be a bit overboard, but I don't know that many lines from The Jeffersons. C'mon, you name a line from it...)

2 comments:

Flower said...

The Mac Shack doesn't know how blessed they are.

Jay and Janelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.