Two things that I know will always work out for me are the two things I am currently doing. It's the seventh inning of a 2-1 playoff game and I was just reading in the Greek (impressive, huh?) about how Jesus was raised by the power of the Father and seated next to him. Also, Jesus was made head of the Church- his body with all authority and power above all powers.
I complain about so much in my life. Being a single guy in Birmingham and making just enough to skate by month to month while at the same time pulling more school work than anyone should be subjected to gives me plenty to whine about. Here's the thing- watching baseball with the venerable Matt Paetz- who just got up and went to bed- God is good. There is so much in my life that I am able to find joy in...and its not because I'm particularly good at it.
Fellas, Jesus bought our freedom. Jesus paid with his blood so that we could have friendship with God. Jesus spilled his blood so that through his body, we might enter into it. If there's anything more amazing and generally spectacularly worthy of our enthusiasm, I don't know what it is. Baseball is good. God is good and Jesus bought us enjoyment in him in all things.
In the words of a freakin' country song: "Who wouldn't want to be me?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment