I took off today through friday at work, which is good because I think I was beginning to feel a bit too much like Charlton Heston, which isn't always a bad thing, I suppose. So this morning (as if you care about what I did this morning), I slept in until I was good and ready to get my lazy self out of bed and it was fantastic. Then, on downtown to hear the bishop, or the pastor formerly known as "Prince" preach a first-person account of the donkey owner who had Peter walk up to him and take his donkey for Jesus' triumphal entry (that is a weird scene now that I think
about it). So anyways, as I'm on my way downtown to the Cathedral of the Advent, the massive downtown center of Episcopalian life in Birmingham, I was talking to Jason, my good friend, and I saw the Cathedral on my right-hand side. I parked (I know you were desperately wanting me to give you some detailed description) and walked into the building. Much to my confusion, the first sight I see is a nun walking into the door (should've been my first clue), on the other side of which, was a massive processional that looked a bit too formal to even be Episcopalian...you guessed it (or maybe you didn't), I had driven to and parked near the Cathedral of St. Paul, the Catholic nexus of downtown Birmingham. Now, for the regular subscribers to this blog, you are not surprised at all to read about this move, first of all, because you are probably my mom (hi mom!) or my dad (happy birthday) or an administrator (can we please have the link to jmac removed asap?); and second of all, 


because my directional sense rivals the guy I'm normally listening to when I am on one of these escapades.
But after I realized my grievous error, I
was able to find the correct Advent, the one without nuns, incense, and the one that Tal was preaching at, and I was blessed (is that the correct usage of that word? Can I use that for a singular event or is that a continuous state of being?...dang it I hate being in seminary sometimes...)
This was one of those posts that I started with a vague direction and, unfortunately, it has gone the way of one or more of my sermons, whose various and sundry rabbits have not contributed to the end goal of having a point.

I guess what I'm trying to say with this post is that I am glad just to have a few days off to sit around and think.
No comments:
Post a Comment