Tuesday, August 5, 2008

An Email from My Sister

Here is an email from my sister, I found it very encouraging, so I thought I would share our personal email exchange. Read my response to her by clicking here or read the next blog below. It would mean alot if you guys read both.

Hey Jare,

So I was just reading your blogs on reckless raging fury. I will be praying for you. I hope things are getting better and that you are getting your priorities straightened out. For one, I am praying that you will get plugged into a good church. It seems like you are always working on Sundays, and I haven't heard you talk much about church. I know you want to do well at your job, but overtime is not always required, and you need to let them know that church is a priority -- and then make it one.

One of the things I was praying about not too long ago was that God would show me that he is wooing me with His love on a daily basis -- that I don't need outside relationships to be complete. I asked God to reveal Himself to me in everyday circumstances and remind me of how He is even revealing Himself to me in nature (I was up at Tahoe at the time kayaking). I began to kayak back to Skyland not 10 minutes later and saw something bobbing in the water. Strange, so I paddled over for a closer look. I ended up finding 6 long-stem roses floating close together! No one was around -- not even boats. It didn't even dawn on me until I made it ashore what had just happened. I asked to be reminded about how much God loves me and instead He sent me a tangible demonstration -- 6 long-stem roses that I took home and put in a vase on my table. God is awesome. He'll reveal Himself to you if you ask.

Also, I went up to N. Tahoe last weekend. We went rafting down the Truckee river starting in Tahoe City. It was such a GORGEOUS day as we drove around the lake. Really, I cannot recall a day quite so beautiful. I couldn't stop commenting on how amazing the scenary was -- sunny blue sky, calm sparkling water, warm... I must have repeated myself like a broken record. Then I remembered a similar occasion in LB. I was watching the most beautiful sunset, and couldn't keep from voicing my awe. And then it hit me -- this is what heaven is going to be like. Sometimes I think that it would get old standing around the throne saying "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty. Worthy is the Lamb" over and over. I mean, we're talking about eternity! Then I pondered the sunset and realized that when something is beautiful, our joy in it is made complete through our adoration of it (I believe you put this more eloquently in one of your lessons). How foolish of me to think that I could stand in awe of a sunset or picturesque lake, and not stand in awe and be in constant adoration of the Creator of it all! We have an infinite, amazing God, and I pray that you will be in constant awe of His power, majesty, and love for you.

"God is so vastly wonderful, so utterly and completely delightful that He can, without anything other than Himself, meet and overflow the deepest demands of our total nature..."
-- A.W. Tozer

Love,
Steph

No comments: