As I continue to watch the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe I am stuck with another thought I must write about. I just finished watching the "crucifixion" scene. The great lion Aslan was just mocked, beat, shaved, and then killed upon the great stone. The camera kept focusing on the eyes of Alsan and I wondered, what would it have looked like to stare in to the eyes of Jesus on the cross. Wasn't this the holy and annointed one, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the Messiah of the world. And yet he was hanging on a cross experiencing a pain and agony beyond words. And as I looked to into the eyes of Aslan, about to be killed, my only thought was why? Why would pefect, just, righteous God die for me. That can never be pondered enough. And as Lucy kneeled next to the dead Aslan I again thought. What would it be like to have looked upon Jesus, just taken down from the cross. What emotions would go through my mind. Even to me, it almost doesnt make any sense, it seems absurb at best, that the Lion would take my place and yet he did. I should ponder this fact, it is the gospel - that Christ died for sinners...he acutally died, he was taken off the cross. His body was bloody and limp, and lifeless. There was no life in his eyes. That he experienced what I should have experienced and he absorbed wrath that was aimed at me. What love, what mercy, what a God!!! Thanks be to God that he so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoseover believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life. And praise him that the grave is empty! The Lion has triumphed over the witch, death has no hold on Him. It almost doesnt make any sense that Christ should do this - and yet we know that because of it every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord - to the glory of God the father.
"Amazing love, how can it be, that thou my God, shouldst die for me?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment