Tuesday, April 8, 2008

In the Beginning was the Word

I am bored today so I decided to watch The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. What a great portrait of Christ's love for his sheep and that he is truly the Lion of Judah. One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when the White Witch comes to Aslan's camp to inform Aslan that Edmund is a traitor, demanding his blood. The White Witch asks Aslan if he has forgotten the rules that Edmund now belongs to her. Aslan fiercly snaps back, "Do not cite the deep magic to me, I WAS THERE WHEN IT WAS WRITTEN." Oh boy did the phrase hit me. I love it. I was filled with wonderment at Christ - was there from the beginning, who was and is and is to come. I love definate statementse from God about God. Growing up I was always amazed at the phrase in the Bible "I AM." It was so absolute. Jesus wasn't made, he wasn't created. He just is! As one pastor says, "God is, and there is any discussion." I love knowing that when all my reason fails, when my experience doesn't make sense, there is one great truth - Christ IS! Not only does he exist, but he defines reality, he is the source of reality, he just IS!!! It is precious beyond words, let us marvel at the eternal reality of Jesus Christ.

No comments: